08 October 2004

Exciting Zamboni action!

Well children, I've returned. Granted, I'm later than I proposed two days ago, but you know, I feel that I've become a better person in the span between these posts, and really, isn't growing what it's all about? I'm sure that if I could figure out what "it" is, my argument would be far more relevant, but for now, I'll just stop and let you bask in how smart I am.

My PlayStation 2 is dead. Seems Disc Read Errors, also knows as "DREs," are bad things (though a few DREs remain acceptable). Seeing as San Andreas comes out at the end of the month, I was more than a little pissed off when I had to send Osaka off to Sony.

An aside, yes, I name my electronic goods. My recent trend has been naming them after Azumanga Daioh or Haibane Renmei characters.

For example, my PC is named Nemu. She's a mellow machine, doesn't get pissed off often, and, like her profile says, doesn't get sick much. Nemu is the successor of Navi, my old computer named after Lain's computer. Navi, in her day, was a grumpy, touchy, surly piece of silicon.

My cell phone is Yomi. Simple reason, I'm in love with my cell and I'm in love with Yomi. Well, girls like Yomi. Since liking an anime character is, as it were, weird. In some places it wanders into the realm of creepy.

I'd go on, but I'd really rather leave with a few shreds of dignity. Let's just say that my PS2 is named after AzuDai's Osaka, and she's a great friend to my GameCube and GBA SP, both of which have names. Hell, even my router has a name.

Anyhow, back on track: I called Sony and explained to them my problem. Simply, my PS2 was reading nothing, the laser had basically died. I'd heard of this before, and given that my system was one of the first offings of the console (30001, I believe is the model number), I half-expected it. Surprisingly, the support guy was amazingly helpful, and within ten minutes I had myself a fresh email that I was to print out and mail to Sony, along with my PS2, and in return I would get a refurbished machine at no cost. All I had to pay was shipping, and hell, if paying shipping is all I'd have to shell out to get my system (which I purchased cheaper than what it was being sold for at the time), I figured it'd be an acceptable investment. I packed up my PS2, printed the letter, threw my all-banjo cd in the Focus and rolled. 25 bucks and one unsuccessful attempt at hitting on the girl at Mail Boxes Etc., my PS2 was packed all cuddly-like and carried in the loving arms of a UPS delivery guy.

So this is my third day of being PS2less, and I'm starting to flip. I have to wait at least seven to ten business days. I am so full of hot hate, boiling within but never reaching the surface, because getting pissed off will accomplish nothing.

All I can hope for is that she comes back before San Andreas is out. I wouldn't want to have to rent one for the time being.

I had more to write, but I should most likely sleep. So, in a future post, expect more on the following topics!

Politics: Bush and Michael Moore - both men of great power, both big honking liars! Do I care about either? Find out!
Gaming: Nintendo's DS comes out in November - will I buy it? Probably yes! Do I need it? Not so much!; Halo 2 - Will it persuade me to purchase an Xbox? Probably not!
Life: My roommate(s) - is my house turning into Real World: Thorold? Will I get a job? Will I ever stop loving Raisin Bran? Will a female character join the cast? If you answered "no" to at least three of the four questions you either dislike me or you don't understand rhetorical questions.

Retard.

By the way, stop using Internet Explorer. That's why your computer sucks. Use Firefox.

Moment of Zen: The hypocrites are slandering the sacred halls of truth

No comments: