22 May 2004

Pastilles de zinc

Buncha news bits:

Apparently Sega's jumping into the handheld industry again, with 'Prometheus,' "the videogame equivalent of an iPod." I'd like to call bullshit on this one, and the picture that they have is so obviously Photoshopped that it's silly, but I've seen the coming of Infinium Labs' storied Phantom, which in its own right is far sillier. As far as specs go on the Prometheus, the bit that worries me is the lack of backlight. I'm pretty sure Sega's technology has surpassed that of the Game Gear's in the past 10 years, so it shouldn't be a huge issue. They could take a few looks at the GBA SP and borrow from there, even though the SP's backlight is not perfect. I'm still waiting on official confirmation. Doubt it's real...but you never know.

At the end of August The Toronto Comic Con, Canada's biggest celebration of dorkdom, goes down. I'm more interested in CNAnime, which, sadly, is tacked on to the same event. You get Trekkies, anime fans, Johnny The Homicidal Maniac angsty teens, and comic dorks in one huge building. Fantastic. We can all sit around, read comics with tongs, banter about "Man, do you think the Millenium Falcon would get better mileage on Tattooine or Hoth?," and hate ourselves and pretend we're Lenore. Anyhow, I'm excited. Especially for certain guests. Yoshitoshi ABe (I didn't stress the Shift key, he spells his name "ABe." Weirdo, I know.) and Yasuyuki Ueda, aside from being the only ones there that I care about, are two of my favourite artists/anime folk. They've done Lain, NieA_7, and my favourite by ABe, Haibane Renmei.

Long enough for now, I'm heading down to AnimeXtreme


Current mood: Sickly
zb:out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! bulk email marketing service