21 May 2004

Well I get up at seven, yeah, and I go to work at nine

I've finally gotten the desire to post again. Hopefully my writer's block is gone now, as I really want to write things beyond this blog, and I've not been able to recently.

Let's go through a list of new, fantastic, and amazing things going on in my life:

The Cottage Party

Three days of drunken buffoonery went down at Kevin's cottage. Much alcohol was consumed. Full of YUBC madness. I'll try to start from the beginning.

Day 1: Left about 3 hours after I wanted to, which is sadly typical of me. I maintain that the journey is what matters, not the destination, so while the others were complaining about my tardiness, I was enjoying my ride. Plus, I was driving, and the others got a free ride, so the "no bitching" rule was in effect. Turns out Kev was late too, and we somehow managed to find him on the way there, so we had a great big convoy going up towards Coboconk. We arrived, and in a surprising turn of events, I went to the bathroom and threw up. Hadn't even drank yet. Bizarre, no? I figured the best medicine was beer, so I downed a can of Lone Star and continued with my night. We were having ourselves a good old fashioned ruckus when the real party kicked in around 1 when the 2nd wave of guests arrived, including Donna. Then we drank more, and I forget the rest of the night.

Day 2: Went to Tim Horton's for breakfast, because I think we missed breakfast with the Asian Invasion. Afterwards...I'm not so sure. We had lunch sometime. Myself and...I believe it was Jason...went out in the paddleboat chasing Kev. Halfway across the lake and we decide to turn back. Paddleboat = more tiring than DDR. So we're returning to the cottage and suddenly it becomes Juno Beach on June 6th, 1944. The other folks at the party were throwing rocks at us. Came down on us like mortars and torpedoes. Sucked. Drank more later. Fell asleep.

Day 3: This is getting irritating to write, so let's just say I went home after an awesome breakfast cooked by Donna et al.

Oh yeah, here're some pictures.

I HAVE A JOB

The unemployed wonder finally has a job. Working for THE MAN, no less. Find the irony in this: I'm working for the Ministry of Transportation, which refuses to give me my full driver's license. HURRAH.

It's a 9-5, $10/hour deal, I'm not complaining.

I'm sick!

Trivial, but yeah. Sore throat, head full of foam and phlegm. That somewhat explains my inability to type coherently today.

I'm off.

Oh yeah, before I go, this may or may not be the greatest thing ever.


Current mood: Sick, surly.

zb:out

No comments: