28 July 2004

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and unoriginality

Well, I've successfully ripped off the colours and stylings of Penny Arcade. I know I probably shouldn't have, and I know I'm not winning any points for being original, but I got sick of my old colour scheme and I decided that the one I like the most out of all the sites I visit with any sort of regularity is PA's. It's also an homage, of sorts, to Tycho, writer for PA. His imagination works just a little differently than most, and I like to think that I share his sense of humour. He's very capable of writing some really awesome stuff about the most mundane things. How someone can be so eloquent about something as trivial as cat shit is beyond me.

Nintendo has released new images of the DS handheld. I'm really happy with the new design, though it does look vaguely like a Ferrari cosmetics case. Hopefully they've learned from the SP (and the GameCube, for that matter) that the small d-pad is a real bitch to work with at times. The d-pad on the DS seems to be a fair size, given its dimensions in relation to the face buttons. I really have high hopes for this thing, but I don't know how long the kitsch of the dual screens can last.

Alright, I've got some things to do. Video editing is a bitch when your parents want you to do it, and they have absolutley no idea how long the process actually takes.

Moment of Zen: Your hair doesn't smell as good as it used to, but it still looks nice.

No comments: